The Wine Society was established in 1946, when Dr Gilbert Phillips and a group of wine loving friends shared a collective vision and passion to purchase and distribute Australian table wine. Over 60 years on, and now with over 55,000 Members Australia-wide, this vision continues.
- To make available a broad quality selection of wines and other beverages to members at the best possible prices
- To advance wine appreciation and knowledge
- To promote and support excellence in the wine industry
- To be the recognised independent authority on wine matters in Australia
- To further develop a viable business enterprise that supports these objectives in the interests of members.
How do we achieve our philosophy?
To achieve our philosophy, our Members receive regular communication from The Wine Society and are invited to participate in numerous Society initiatives.